What does the GNSS steering system mean?
- In the automobile sector, GNSS steering systems are rising in popularity. This kind of technology combines a steering wheel control system, a position sensor, and a Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS) receiver to produce a semi-autonomous driving experience.
- Due to its potential to minimize human effort in transportation and industrial processes, the development of autonomous land vehicles is receiving more and more attention. A steering system based on the GNSS (Global Navigation Satellite System) is required to offer precise location, navigation, and guidance to accomplish autonomous driving.
What uses for automated steering may there be on a farm?
Tractors and other farm machinery can have a GNSS steering system installed to help farmers move their equipment across fields in lines that are either straight, curved, or in some other way parallel to one another. It wasn't easy to sow seeds, plough the ground, apply fertilizer, or harvest crops in a field with any degree of precision before the development of auto-steering devices.
There are several advantages to the GNSS auto-steer system:
The benefits of adopting GNSS steer system tractors are as follows.
- Less disease is being reported on farms, and output is up:
Farmers that do not use GNSS steering system quickly become worn out, which lowers the quality of their harvest. Driving a tractor for eight hours straight while staying on a straight path is mentally and physically demanding. Using the SMAJAYU steering system is not problematic because all controls are automated and computerized.
- Reduce your use of chemical substances:
On many farms, the overuse of pesticides and fertilizers is a severe problem. It's possible that reducing the number of pesticides used in the fields will increase yields, result in cost savings, and have a detrimental effect on the environment in the area. It will ensure that each plant receives the proper amount of fertilizer, pesticide, and other agricultural chemicals.
- Your spending should be reduced:
By reducing the quantity of personnel and other resources needed, steering systems allow farmers to save substantial money. For instance, by reducing the possibility of overlaps in the tasks that farmers do in agricultural contexts, steering systems help farmers save time and money. These crops allow farmers to minimize the number of fertilizers, herbicides, seeds, and other agricultural inputs. For instance, by putting a steering system on his tractor, a farmer may save expenditures by about 120 Euros per acre.
- Between passes, there is no overlap:
Always be careful while manually directing a tractor with the steering wheel since overlaps are a given. There may be a sizable amount of unutilized space on your field if there is even a little overlap—say, a few inches—across hundreds of rows. A GNSS steering system might eliminate overlaps and vacant areas between rows.
Greater Productivity & Hands-Free:
- If you own a steering kit with GNSS and RTK technology, the navigation steering precision may be as accurate as 2.5 centimeters. It suggests that it may travel at speed appropriate for the desired working route, utilizing the available space as effectively as feasible.
- Task data may be stored on the cloud, allowing for remote management and real-time access to job details and progress reports. In order to avoid an operational failure brought on by inadequate night vision, the system may run continuously for up to twenty-four hours—Full-band signal support and support for four separate GNSS systems.
How is GNSS steering system used in precision farming?
GNSS guidance with great accuracy:
- Steering systems use satellites to navigate and calculate the position of the tractor. These techniques are some of the most well-known in the field of precision farming. The efficacy and efficiency of the workplace are increased as a result of these initiatives.
- Using GNSS or GPS technology, it is possible to locate the location of the moving agricultural machinery. A result of this is that fertilization cannot go around or around. In the ignored areas, there is a chance of decreased output or an attack by a disease—consumption and spending both rises when two or more topics intersect.
- The tractor's steering technology employs GNSS to deliver high-precision guiding and auto steering. The tractor may go from point A to point B with outstanding straight-line precision thanks to this auto steer, which helps to save both time and fuel. With the use of this tractor navigation system, farmers may be able to seed crops more swiftly and precisely.
- Every day, we rely on contemporary cars to get us where we need to go since they are outfitted with a broad range of useful driving aids like cruise control, automated braking, lane detection technology, and even autopilot capabilities. With the aid of this assortment of equipment, you may enjoy less difficult and dangerous driving.
- The same pattern is developing in developed countries as autonomous driving becomes increasingly prevalent on farms in these countries. GNSS-based auto steering
- If you haven't already, consider converting to the SMAJAYU GNSS steering system and do so as soon as it is physically practicable. We will also go into detail about the numerous benefits that steering brings to the agriculture business to help you make an educated decision.
Today's farmers no longer view GNSS steering system as a luxury option; rather, they view them as crucial pieces of equipment for any farmer who is serious about staying ahead of the competition while also lowering operational costs. You can improve your agricultural operations significantly if you are aware of the affordable steering options that SMAJAYU offers. The SMAJAYU steering system uses a professional GNSS system with a big display and a clever antenna. It is the ideal decision for our cherished farmers to elevate their farming to an art form!